So regular readers may know that I say I will only create a post about each award I get nominated for once. Well this is still technically true…but I wanted to show my appreciation for those amazing bloggers who have nominated for awards, even if I’ve already done a post about it.
So, here’s a bonus round from the past month and a bit of all those lovely people who have nominated me again for awards!!
One Lovely Blog Award
To see the original post and rules, you can click here – One Lovely Blog Award
Thank you lovely ladies for nominating me! Go check them out! Anni’s blog name goes by Glucksgeist, she does all things baking and DIY. Kali writes about life, beauty, a little bit of travel, and she often shows off her finds at thrift stores which I love! Shanika blogs over at Orchids and Sweet Tea. She writes about her life, family, baking and all things creative! She has also nominated me for three more awards, so you’ll see her name pop up a lot in this post 😀
Rather than do the whole award again, I will stick with just thanking those who nominated me, and sharing 7 facts.
- I spend way too long everyday writing, reading and commenting on posts (but I love it)
- I used to skip from room to room when I was younger. I sometimes still do that now until someone catches me.
- I feel like my voice has slowly been getting deeper these past three-five years. I used to hit high notes when singing, and now I can’t.
- I like to hum while doing anything and everything.
- I poke out my tongue when I’m concentrating. I never noticed this until people began pointing it out.
- I constantly bang into things at work, home and everywhere
- I love to try belt out those long notes at the end of songs, even when my voice breaks.
Dawn Dagger Challenge
Original post here – Dawn Dagger Challenge (1000 likes!)
Laura nominated me for this one. Laura writes about her numerous interests, from health and wellbeing, to beauty, fashion, even poetry! Her blog is filled with advice and wisdom which I encourage you all to check out!
Here are Laura’s questions to me:
- A holiday to the South of France or Lapland?
What’s Lapland? I just looked it up, it’s in Finland if I looked up the right place. I see pictures of ice things that look cool. I’ll go there 😀
- Do you have any celebrity girl crushes or a celebrity inspiration?
Yes! Amy Poehler is an amazing force of nature. Emma Watson is also such a together, amazing and graceful woman. Both ladies are goals.
- What is your favourite Disney movie?
I’m gonna go with Moana. It’s my current favourite and I still listen to the songs everyday.
- If you could raid a person’s closest, who’s would you choose?
I don’t know, I’m so short, I don’t know if their clothes would even fit me. I’ll stick with my own, at least I know they fit.
- Is there any skills or hobbies you wish you could learn?
There’s a few that I am working on but never get far on. I want to relearn my piano skills. I want to get better with my little ukulele. Also, I would love to relearn Tagalog, because while I still understand it (ish), I can no longer speak it.
- Is there a TV show you wish you could bring back?
Parks and recreation. I mean, I love how it finished, and it felt complete. But…I loved it, I would love to have a bonus season.
- Dogs or cats?
Both 😛 But tbh, I prefer cats as they’re a little bit more chill and self reliant you know?
- What’s your favourite film?
I don’t really have one. It changes constantly. I have favourites in each genre…but I can’t pick just one….noooo it’s too hard, and I’ve spent too long on this question. I have to pass 😦
- Intelligence/humour/charm…which of these is the most important quality in a partner?
Humour for sure! I want someone I can laugh with and have fun talking to. I want a best friend as well as a partner, which I’m lucky to have found 🙂
- Nude lipstick or red?
Sunshine Blogger Award
Original post here – Sunshine Blogger Award
Maggie nominated me for this one. You guys already know how much I love Maggie’s blog! She is amazing, kind, and such an incredible lady!
Here are her questions to me:
- What is your all-time favorite TV show and why?
I have numerous really. But I’m going to go with Parks and Recreation. I love the characters, the relationships, the actors, the stories. But also, I just really love two core couples from there. Andy and April, and Ben and Leslie. They are both couple goals for different reasons, and episodes that focus on them have made me cry and feel all the things.
- Do you collect anything?
Everything. Receipts for some reason. Knick knacks. Cards. Ticket stubs and other things from travel. Etc.
- What are few songs that you’ve been loving to listen to lately?
Lately, I’ve been listening to Is She With You, from the Batman vs Superman soundtrack. Hans Zimmer has been in my head since the concert. Also, Galway Girl from Ed Sheeran has been on repeat. I also started listening to Moana again, after stopping for a few days.
- How do you blog – careful planning and following a schedule, or on a whim?
Both. I carefully plan a lot, and then sometimes I just throw in a random one that came in my head and I wanted to share.
- Why did you name your blog what you did?
Because I wanted a clever spin on my name, where I mention that this blog will be about my life. So I came up with LifeOfAnAngela. But that got confusing cause of the double an, so now I’m LifeofAngela. My url is still lifeofanangela though.
- Have you ever met any famous people? How and where did you meet them?
- Do you wear glasses or contacts?
- What’s your favorite place to shop for clothes? What was the last thing you bought there?
I have a few. Forever New, Dotti, The Warehouse and Jay Jays are my favourite retailer stores. I also quite like Paper Bag Princess which is a thrift store, as well as Salvation Army. The most recent thing I bought was a pair of black converse sneakers from Sallies. They were in almost brand new condition, fitted me perfectly, and only cost me $20 😀
- Who’s your favorite Disney animal sidekick?
I’m gonna go with Heihei. I love that chicken.
Blogger Recognition Award
Original post here – The Blogger Recognition Award (100 Followers!)
I have been nominated for this by three awesome bloggers! Shanika, Jen and Jackie. Jen’s blog is a combination of food, beauty, travel and life, so you will definitely find something of interest if you go check her out!! Jackie’s blog is primarily about her love of books! She does reviews about books she’s read, and books that are coming up! Go check her out too!!
So for this award, we’re meant to talk about how the blog started, and give two pieces of advice. I will just do the latter, as the story of how my blog started hasn’t changed.
- Don’t write about things you’re not interested in because everyone else is. You need to write about what you like, that way it’s easy and fun, and similarly minded people will find your blog. It may take a while, but it’s so much better to find your own blogging voice and style, rather than just going with what you see as ‘popular’.
- Pictures!! At least for me, pictures are a big part of blogging. Don’t get me wrong, text posts are entertaining, but having pictures adds a visual aspect that makes the post so much more appealing.
The Cramm Award
Original post here – The Cramm Award
I have again received two nominations for this award, one was from Jen again. The other was from Bella Inizio.
I’m just going to answer the bonus questions for this time, as my answers are still the same as my original post for the rest of the questions.
Bonus question from Jen: If you get to learn one skill overnight? What will that be? Why?
I’m gonna go with languages. Like for this skill, does that mean I know everything immediately, without having to study. I would love to know all the languages. But I guess that’s cheating. I’ll go specifically with relearning Tagalog. That way I could communicate with my mum in her native tongue, as well as families and colleagues at work who are Filipino too. As well as some of my blogger friends who I know are also from the Philippines!
Bonus question from Bella: What’s the ultimate goal for your blog?
I don’t know. I would like to go self-hosted maybe. See how that goes. Honestly though, I hope I stick with blogging for at least a year. I go through hobbies a lot and I lose interest within a few weeks. I don’t think that’ll happen with this blog, as I’m having so much fun with this creative outlet!
Mystery Blogger Award
Original post here – Mystery Blogger Award
I was nominated by Shanika and Midnight Magician! Midnight Magician (I’m sorry I wasn’t able to find your name!) has a lovely blog where she shares recipes, talks about her studies, and blogs about whatever is on her mind! Go over and say hi 🙂
3 Things About Yourself
- I once got bitten by a duck
- I will always choose soda over water (I’m trying to get better I swear)
- My tan lines where my rings sit are getting more prominent by the day
Here are Shanika’s questions:
- Who’s the one person that means the most to you?
Rory. He’s my other half and he means the world to me.
- Are you a believer of Religion or Spirituality? Why?
Kind of. It’s hard to explain, I was raised in a Christian household and I went to church for most of my life. I believe in God, and I do pray sometimes, but overall I’m not a big follower of religion. This is surprisingly hard to answer.
- What is your favorite song right now?
*takes deep breath* SHE PLAYED THE FIDDLE IN AN IRISH BAND BUT SHE FELL IN LOVE WITH AN ENGLISH MAN
I will burst into that song a lot for no reason, and always at that line.
- Why do you read or follow my blog? Any topic you would like to see more of?
Food. You have amazing recipes and you post pictures of lots of food and I love it 😀 More food pics please XD In all seriousness though Shanika, I would like to read more posts about your daily life with your family and about you! I love day in the life posts, but obviously, it’s your blog and in the end it’s up to you to choose what you want to share 🙂
- Do believe that a bottle is 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? Why?
I like to look close and judge if it’s maybe edging one way or the other. But mostly, half full. Guess it’s the optimist in me.
Here are Midnight Magician’s questions:
- What was the last thing you ate?
I ate an Eskimo Pie. For those not in NZ, it’s basically an ice cream bar cased in chocolate.
- Who’s the last friend you talked to?
Sarah. She’s the one I went to Peru with. She’s also currently living in China for a teaching program. She recently started blogging about it, you can check her out here 🙂
- One thing you wish someone in your life knew(you don’t have to say who they are)
Ooh, intrigue…I can’t think of anything right now though.
- What song do you currently have in your head?
*takes another breath* KISSED HER ON THE NECK AND THEN I TOOK HER BY THE HAND AND SAID BABY I JUST WANNA DANCE
Like I said, Galway Girl has been on repeat. So dang catchy.
- How easy do you think you are to read as a person?
Like on first impressions, or in general? I’ve been told I’m hard to read sometimes. Mostly cause I’m always quiet. So people don’t know what I’m thinking. I tend to take neutral sides in things, as I like looking at things from all angles. It’s just how I roll.
Versatile Blogger Award
Original blog here – Versatile Blogger Award
Shanika nominated me for this one 🙂 Bringing it full circle, as this was the first award I ever received on my blog!
Here are another seven facts before we wrap this up.
- I love Ed Sheeran, he hasn’t done a single song that I dislike
- I’m pretty sure I have terrible posture
- I always eye up people’s tattoos when I notice them
- It takes me forever to read a book now that I’m back home and not sitting at airports or on planes
- I have a habit of fiddling with my engagement ring, but not my wedding ring
- I like to squint at faraway signs trying to read them rather than moving closer
- I would prefer wandering around a store aimlessly for a while before asking for help
Well I’m tired XD
That was a huuuuuge post, but I wanted to thank those who nominated me a second time around for these lovely awards! I also want to thank those who nominated me the first time around! I have a new tag coming up soon which I’ve recently been tagged for. I still get excited for these! I will continue to write one big post when I’m tagged the first time, and for extra nominations, I will do these bonus round posts! I hope you enjoyed finding out more about me, and that you will check out the awesome bloggers who were kind enough to nominate me!