The Real Neat Blog Award
Original post here – The Real Neat Blog Award
Sarah from Vintage Tea Rose nominated me! Joy from Mademoiselle O’Lantern also nominated me!
- How would you describe your blogging style?
Chatty and informal. I just kind of sit down and talk (write) about whichever topic I’ve landed on for the day. Whether it’s a weekend review, ramblings, baking post, OOTD, or just sharing pictures I took on a walk 🙂
- How do you motivate yourself to keep on blogging and posting good content?
I’ve been asked this a few times, especially since I consistently post daily. Planning is a big part of it. I’ve normally got a few days (sometimes a week’s worth) of posts ready to go, or at least planned. I thank my handy planner for keeping me organized.
- What would you say are the pros and cons of being a blogger?
Pros are having a platform to talk on. There’s obviously a lot of people on this platform, but you make so many like-minded friends that you guys all kind of get to hang out together and chitchat on the platform. Sharing recipes, pictures, DIY, tips, etc. It’s a lot of fun! Cons is definitely the amount of time it consumes. It gets tricky balancing it with everything else you have to do.
- What is it that you genuinely find pure bliss in?
Recently, bath bombs. Baths were always kind of fun before, but bath bombs (especially when you find a really good one!) just transport me to another level of bliss.
- If you could travel back in time, what would you tell your younger self?
Learn another language. Apparently it’s way easier when you’re younger.
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
So many places. 5 Places on My Travel Wishlist kind of sums up this question.
- What is your most dominant personality trait?
I would like to say, being positive.
- What is your holy grail makeup/skin care product?
Right now, it’s my Bare Minerals Foundation. I’m so in love with it. (I won’t shut up about it).
- What is your favorite thing about Christmas?
That it takes place in summer, and I get to spend time with the family hanging out.
- Have you ever traveled outside your country? if yes, where to?
Sydney in Australia. Taveuni and Nadi in Fiji. Papeete in Tahiti (though it was only a few days). Lima, Arequipa, Cusco, Puno, Ica, Huacachina, Paracas, and Iquitos in Peru. I also had a layover in LAX, but I didn’t leave the airport, so I don’t really think I’ve visited the US yet.
- Who is your favorite beauty blogger/influencer/youtuber?
That’s a whole range of people. In terms of someone who covers all three of those categories, I’ll go with Marzia. I’ve been following her forever, and she’s just rocking it in everything she does.
- What is your current favorite song/music?
Pop is always my go-to genre. I like peppy things. So most songs by Ed Sheeran, Demi Lovato, Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, Lorde etc.
- What are the things you wish to receive for Christmas?
I’ll share the list I sent my family. Novelty mugs, cross stitch kits, jigsaw puzzles, Nerdy Nummies book, or another baking book. I’ve also since been eyeing up those HP sprocket things, but I think I’ll buy it myself on boxing day sales as it’s a bit pricey for a single gift.
Sugar all the way.
Original post here – The Liebster Award
Oriana from Oriana’s Notes nominate me!
- Do you do something special for Christmas, or do you celebrate it the traditional way ?
I don’t really know what the traditional way is. But normally, we just spend time with the family, open presents, have a meal. All that. Growing up, every two years we used to go to the South Island, but we haven’t done that since my grandmother passed away.
- Are you a Cat person or a Dog person ? (or maybe you’re a goldfish person ?)
I’ve never had either as pets, so I don’t really know. Both have appeals to me really. Not goldfish though. We had them growing up, and I never found them too interesting.
- Can you wear heels all day ?
I used to when I worked as a temp in an office. Now, since I work with kids, I don’t ever wear heels and when I do they make my feet tired very fast.
- Pretty basic, but which is your favorite color ?
- Which genre do you prefer, books and films included ? (fantasy, horror, comedy…)
I would say probably fantasy. But I don’t mind watching/reading a mix, as I lose interest if I’m in the same genre for too long.
- Who is your favorite blogger ?
See I can’t answer these, cause my list will go on forever then I worry I might leave someone out.
- Which is the worst side of modern society, in your opinion ?
That turned serious. I guess in terms of the internet, I don’t like how fast people will turn on someone and ‘throw them under the bus’ so to speak even without proof. Or the proof might just be a blurry photo. It’s weird how fast the internet will turn on someone.
- How did you chose your blog name ?
My name is Angela, and I talk about my life…
- Which is your favorite blog post on your blog ?
So many. Lately though My Husband Explains Makeup, cause it was just a lot of fun.
- How much time do you generally spend on cooking ?
Cooking, probably once every few days. We can live on leftovers for a bit. Or do you mean each time I cook? Cause it depends on what I’m making. I’m overthinking the question.
Versatile Blogger Award
Original post here – Versatile Blogger Award
Jamie from Don’t Give a Jam nominated me!
7 Facts About Me
- I have an insane amount of snacks at home at the moment
- I’m loving all the sun we’re having at the moment
- I love that I’ll be having two weeks off work over the holidays (it’s been ages since I’ve been off work for longer than a week)
- I’m very short
- I’m short-sighted
- I love crackers and cheese (it’s such a good snack)
- I literally can’t think of another fact.
Blogger Recognition Award
Original post here – The Blogger Recognition Award
Chloe from Chloe Amanda Taylor nominated me.
I’ve gone over the story of how I started my blog before, so I’ll leave it out here. As for advice, make sure you engage with the community. It’s one of the best parts of blogging 🙂
Find me elsewhere:
Instagram Pinterest YouTube Bloglovin’