What better way to start off a brand new year than with my 500th post! Good lord I write a lot. Anyway, it’s 2018! So I wanted to make a post saying hello to the new year, and maybe making some goals and plans. Otherwise called, New Year’s Resolutions. I have never been great at this, but if I blog about them, maybe I’ll do better this time around.
To make things more fun, I’m going to make 18 goals for 2018.
- Try a new baking recipe at least once a month – I have two recipe books to choose from, so this seems very doable. Since I have lots of other hobbies I like to spend time on, aiming for at least one a month should be doable.
- Learn new songs on the piano – You may notice there’s no number here. My aim is to learn at least one, I really need to get my rusty piano skills back up to scratch
- Learn new songs on the ukulele – I actually learnt one new song in 2017, but I want to learn more. I really love playing the ukulele and singing along, as terrible as my singing voice is..
- Practice photography more – Again, just a vague goal. But I want to take more photos, maybe do more challenges. I want to continue learning more. I don’t doubt I will take more photos this year though.
- Complete Duolingo course in Japanese – I’ve already started a few weeks back, and it’s been so much fun. Here’s hoping I don’t lose motivation over the year.
- Do some sort of exercise at least twice a week – running, dance cardio, strength, yoga, just something damn it! Come on Angela, just do it!
- Learn more hairstyles than just a ponytail – I don’t do much with my hair, I just don’t know what to do with it. I need to try some of the many pins I have.
- Continue trying more makeup looks – similar to my previous goal, I want to learn to do more with my makeup. Especially with my eyes. It’s fun to play with!
- Try more DIY’s, maybe make a scrapbook, or home decor – I did the travel wall last year, and I’d like to do more! Pinterest will be very helpful with this goal.
- Go on holiday overseas – We have plans for Japan which seems like it’ll go through. If something happens though, I hope we still get to go overseas at least once this year.
- Go on holiday within New Zealand – I always like to say travel locally, so hopefully we can do more of that this year!
- Keep my journals and planners up to date – I have quite a few journals. One to keep track of my budget, my daily thoughts journal, and my blogging planner. I want to continue to keep them up to date.
- Complete a colouring book – I have so many, and none are even close to being finished. Maybe I can finish my small one..
- Read 30 books – My 2017 Reading challenge was set to 20 books, I finished that and more, so I think I can set my goal a little higher this year!
- Watch 15 movies – I mean new ones, not rewatching ones I’ve seen before. 15 is already a lot, but it seems doable.
- Continue blogging everyday – I love blogging, and having a post up everyday has been so much fun for me. Here’s hoping I can keep this up for 2018!
- Do more collaborations with fellow bloggers – I did a few collabs in 2017, and I’d love to do more 😀
- Reach 5000 followers! – I mean, I never thought I’d get over 2000 by the end of 2017, so why not aim high right? Even if I fall short, it’ll still be more followers than I would have imagined I’d get to!
That last one is just wishful thinking on my part. Otherwise I think all of these are doable, they just require constant work and motivation. I plan to blog about how I’m getting on with these throughout the year to hopefully keep me on track 🙂
Find me elsewhere: