So hey, I haven’t done one of these in a while. I have been nominated for quite a few new awards recently as well which I’m really thankful for. Thanks for thinking of me guys!
Just as a refresher, if I’m nominated for a tag I’ve already done a full post on, then I save them up for one of these Bonus Round posts. I haven’t done one in ages actually, and this is a nice small one to kick things off again 🙂
Original post here – The Liebster Award
Lil and Brella nominated me for this. Liliana blogs about beauty, travel and lifestyle. Brella is a relatively new blogger, sharing her journey all about food (and sometimes gardening). Be sure to check both ladies out!
Something that allows me to do more travel and not break me financially. If it’s connected to blogging that would be even cooler.
- What song would you recommend your readers to listen to?
I current have Fetish by Selena Gomez on repeat and I don’t really know why. It’s like Bad Liar all over again, her songs just get stuck in my head. I like this version, cause I hate random rap bits in pop songs:
- What is your favourite season?
I normally say one of the in between ones like Spring or Autumn. But I’m going to go summer, cause I’m so sick of the cold.
- If you could meet anyone famous, who would it be and why?
To be perfectly honest, as much as it would be cool to meet someone like Emma Watson in person, I wouldn’t want to. What would I say? Beyond “I love you” and probably crying. I can be an emotional person and I’d rather just know them from a distance.
- Dream pet, and what would you name it?
Phoenix. It’s name would be Fawkes. For Harry Potter related reasons.
- What goals do you have for your blog?
I used to have number related goals, but I really have let that slide. They’re a nice added bonus. But really, I just hope to still be doing it in a few years time. It’s just so much fun! I don’t know if I’ll still be doing it daily, but I want to still be active on it.
- Proudest accomplishment you’ve achieved this year?
There’s been a fair few. 2017 has been pretty awesome. Getting my full teacher registration as that was two years in the making. Getting married. Buying a house. Going scuba diving for the first time. Getting my first tattoo (and then my second a few months after). Biggest is probably the house thing though.
- Do you have or want any tattoos?
Yes. I have two, which I often don’t stop talking about. I also want more, which I also can’t stop talking Rory’s ear off about, but I should be focusing on saving more.
- What book/s are you reading at the moment? Any recommendations?
Right now I’m slowly reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I haven’t got into it enough to get a feel for it. I recommend reading The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck though. I read that back in July, and it was just hilarious. It’s technically a ‘self-help’ book, but it’s just fun. Also it’s written by a blogger, so there’s that.
- What blogs have you been enjoying reading lately? Any recommendations?
I’ve been enjoying many blogs lately. I can’t think of specifics right now though. I do read and follow a lot of blogs, I keep meaning to make note of the posts that stand out to me but I read either late at night, or early morning, and I never remember to do that. But, I do recommend everyone on my Have You Met series.
- What is one of your main hobbies, excluding blogging?
Baking. Even though I haven’t done it in a while.
- What made you want to start blogging?
Seeing other blogs was a small part. Wanting my own space to document past travel adventures was the main one. I was trying to talk my self out of buying a scrapbook, so I remembered I created this blog back in June or July of last year. So this past March, I did just that. Then I started writing about everything else.
- Where do you get your creative ideas?
Sometimes my brain just thinks of things. Sometimes I get inspired by Pinterest, other bloggers, while watching videos, or staring into space.
- What are three things that you do that help you stay organized?
Plan, schedule, timekeep.
- What do you want to accomplish?
Like a specific thing? One day I’d love to successcully bake those fancy macarons.
- What do you do for a living?
I’m a daycare teacher.
- What do you like to do for fun?
Watch tv or youtube, play games, read, do puzzles, baking.
- When you aren’t working what are you doing?
What I said above.
- Where are some places that you have been to that you would recommend?
Everywhere I’ve been. New Zealand, Australia, Peru, Fiji.
- What are three tips on life that you would give to someone?
Don’t say no to everything, say yes to some things at least. Don’t stress the little things too much. School isn’t forever, it’s technically a small part of your life, just the first 18, it’ll end soon enough.
- If you could own a vacation home where would it be and why?
Somewhere in Auckland, like on Waiheke Island. It’s super pretty, and I would love to have a vacation home up there to go in summer. I would say somewhere overseas, but Auckland would be easier to get to. Ooh, and one in Queenstown. So I can have a cool vacation spot for winter too.
- If you could speak another language which one would it be and why?
Tagalog! I want to relearn it. I’m half Filipino, so I feel it’s part of my heritage.
Sunshine Blogger Award
Original post here – Sunshine Blogger Award.
Sarah nominated me for this one. Sarah blogs over at Vintage Tea Rose and writes a little about everything, sharing bits and pieces of her life. Be sure to check her out!
- Do you remember any of your dreams, can you describe one?
A lot of them are normal. Like me at work, or just going about my daily life. So I wake up confused.
- Do you have any family tradition that you want to carry on?
It’s one that we haven’t done since we’ve grown up, but on our birthdays, our parents used to put our gifts right outside the door. So you’d wake up, open the door, and there’s your presents waiting for you!! I love that, and I would love to do that for my hypothetical future kids.
- Who do you laugh the hardest with and why?
My siblings. Cause we have the longest history and the dumbest humour.
- What has been the best piece of advice you have received?
I read it online and loved it. “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel” by Maya Angelou.
- Would you rather never read another book, or never watch another film/T.V show?
Probably never read another book, cause I went the longest time without reading a book. I love it, but I watch movies and tv show more.
- You’ve been arrested! What have you most likely done?
Downloading movies and music.
- Do you have a personal motto you live by? What is it?
I mentioned it above.
- Do you have a favourite post that you’ve written? Link to it.
Yikes. Too many. Um, check out anything in the wedding category. I love all of those.
- What is one of your pet peeves?
Trolleys being left in the middle of the car park.
- Name one song you never get tired of hearing.
The Killers – Mr Brightside
- What’s something your brain tries to make you do but you have to will yourself not to do it?
Jump off things. My brain wants me to like jump off staircases and other high things, but we know that won’t end well.
Mystery Blogger Award
Original post here – Mystery Blogger Award
Abby nominated me. She’s a fairly new blogger I’ve come across, and she blogs a mixture of travel, beauty and lifestyle.
I’ve recently done a Get to Know post, so I’m going to leave the three facts parts out.
- Why did you start Blogging?
To have a place to write and keep memories.
- What is your dream destination?
Japan or Iceland.
- What is your favourite holiday and memory from then?
I have lots of favourite holidays, I can never pick just one. Peru was an amazing long trip where I got to see incredible things. Fiji was amazing cause it was my honeymoon and we were on a beach for a week. Sydney was amazing cause we got to see incredible places again, and it was our first official overseas trip as a couple.
- What is one thing you want to do/accomplish in your life?
I have a whole Bucket List.
- What is your staple clothing item you couldn’t live without!?
One Lovely Blog Award
Original post here – One Lovely Blog Award
Katie from over at Ankhor You nominated me. She blogs about travel, lifestyle, fashion, and just shares her thoughts. As mentioned above, I’ve recently done a post full of facts about me, so I’ll leave out the facts part for this award.
Blogger Recognition Award
Original post here – The Blogger Recognition Award
The lovely Jo has nominated me. She blogs about everything really, bits and pieces of her life, and she’s just the sweetest!
I’ve already explained why I started my blog in the above question. My pieces of advice I think I can better explain in this post.
That’s all of them!
I still love doing awards, I know that they can get repetitive at times, but I just have fun answering questions. It’s like filling in those application forms, I love doing those too. I like writing about myself apparently ?
Anyway, hope you are all having a good Friday! Or Thursday (timezones man).